Interesting Fact - Coffee

Coffee used to be blamed for stunting growth and causing all kinds of health problems, from heart disease to cancer.

(Most modern studies find coffee consumption decreases mortality during a normal lifetime, and actually has many health benefits.

However, for some people with a mutation of the CY1A2 gene, which retards the breakdown of caffeine in the body, there is a heart health risk, because the caffeine is metabolized more slowly, and the longer caffeine remains in the blood stream, the greater the potential for harm.

Luckily one cup of coffee wasn't thought to be a problem, so I'll stick to my one a day policy, if I was told I had to give that up, I would have a heart attack.)

Source: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/coffee-and-health/faq-20058339

Comments