Interesting Dates - 31 Day Months

You may have read somewhere on the net that October 2010 had 5 Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, which is true, but these hoax posts also said that this happens only once every 823 years, which is not true.

(In a 31-day month, if the month starts with a Friday-Saturday-Sunday, it will have a total of 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays, and if it starts with a Sunday-Monday-Tuesday, it will have a total of 5 Sundays, 5 Mondays, and 5 Tuesdays.  So these kinds of months come around relatively frequently, in fact we only have to wait till July 2011 for another month with 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays.  I only mention this because I got an email telling me this, and before I posted it as an interesting fact I researched it and found out it's not true.)

Thanks to About.com and Geekosystem.com for debunking this myth.

Comments